we don’t cure vision loss, but we can help your patients to live with it
NewView has two low vision clinics located in Tulsa and Oklahoma City, as well as a mobile clinic that provides services in more rural areas throughout Oklahoma. NewView Oklahoma offers rehabilitation services including occupational therapy, orientation and mobility training, and low vision optometry in all 77 Oklahoma counties.
New to VisionRefer? Register to begin making online referrals
Areas of Rehabilitation
- Low Vision Optometrists provide functional low vision assessments and recommendations for optical devices
- Occupational Therapists provide rehabilitation accommodations and teach patients to properly use optical devices to maximize existing vision and empower clients to be as independent as possible
- Assistive Technology Instructors provide training for computer and technology devices to aid in technological literacy for clients to use in their jobs, to access services online, and other daily living activities
- Certified Orientation and Mobility Specialists provide cane mobility training for clients to navigate the world safely and independently.
Who to Refer
- Patients with a visual acuity of 20/50 or worse
- Patients who have severe impairments with reading or other daily functions
- Patients with visual field loss, generalized contraction or constriction, or hemianopsia or quad anopsia
DIAGNOSES TO CONSIDER
Common vision diagnoses that NewView can assist with include:
- Stargardt disease, macular degeneration or macular hole
- Stroke, head injury, or traumatic brain injury (TBI)
- Retinitis Pigmentosa
- Diabetic retinopathy
visionRefer – referral platform
VisionRefer is a safe, online, HIPAA compliant patient referral system to facilitate and encourage eyecare professionals to refer patients to accredited vision rehabilitation specialists. A referring doctor or other referral source can see the organization assigned and the progress of their patient through status updates and organization notes. All patients remain in the care of their doctors. Patients receive specialized care from accredited vision rehabilitation specialists who provide necessary life skills for living with low vision. Become a VisionRefer physician to simplify making referrals.
Low Vision Clinic Site Visit Requests
Our team offers educational opportunities specific to low vision rehabilitation services. We visit other physicians on site at their clinic to support teams in better understanding the low vision services that we provide and offer insight into how we might partner with them to provide wrap around services for their patients. Request a site visit from one of our clinic staff to discuss referral, service, and partnership opportunities using the form below.