School Contract Services
Services to Support Our Blind and Low Vision Students
NewView is proud to provide services to all 77 counties across the state of Oklahoma. This includes providing services to a growing number of school districts to help students living with low vision or blindness stay on track in their education.
NewView Clinical Services
Teacher of the visually impaired (TVI)
A Teacher of the Visually Impaired, or a TVI, is an educator who specializes in assessing the needs of a student who has low or no vision. TVIs work to develop a plan to help students thrive in the classroom and then walk alongside the student, their teacher, and their parent or guardian to ensure the plan is implemented and followed.
The average high school graduation rate of students who are blind or have low vision is only 63%. Without intervention, students who have limited vision quickly fall behind. TVIs are essential for supporting blind and low-vision students, helping them find success.
- Functional vision evaluation
- Orientation and mobility evaluations and services
- IEP (Individualized Education Program) development and support with goals and services
- 504 Plan development
- Assistance with ordering tools and resources for the student and the school
- Teacher training:
- Assistive technology
- Braille literacy and assistive technology training for students
- Assist with making classroom materials accessible
- Consults and collaborates with teachers and parents
- Provide instructional support for teachers and students in a variety of subject areas
- Provide instruction in Expanded Core Curriculum such as daily living skills and community-based instruction