Who We Are

History

Since 1949, NewView Oklahoma has been providing a life-changing source of hope and empowerment for those in Oklahoma living with blindness and vision impairment. We strive to give so much more than a helping hand - but to give everyone who walks through our doors the opportunity to live with the independence so many fear they have lost.

2015


NewView receives the national American Optometric Association's Apollo Award
OWL Camp expands to two weeks of summer camp.

 

 

2013


In partnership with NSU Lesley L. Walls Vision Center, NewView opens Tulsa Low Vision Center.

2012


A $100,000 Impact Oklahoma grant allows NewView to open Low Vision Clinic at 710 W. Wilshire Blvd in OKC.

 

 

2009


For the 60th anniversary the organziation's name was changed to NewView Oklahoma.

2008


OLB receives ONE Award in the category of Self-Sufficiency.

 

 

2007


Merrick Foundation awards a $15,000 grant to begin a Vision Rehabilitation Services Program.

1998


CEO and President Lauren Branch founds Oklahomans Without Limits (OWL) Camp for youth who are blind and visually impaired.

 

 

1973


OLB moves to current headquarters at 501 N. Douglas Ave., previously Lone Star Brewing Company.

1970s


OLB begins partnership to start the aircraft wheel chock manufacturing department.

 

 

1957


OLB's operations expand to space at 406 N.E. 2nd Street.

1956


OLB starts partnership with Tinker Air Force Base.

 

 

1949


Oklahoma League for the Blind (OLB) is founded.

Be a part of our history today,
by joining our efforts!