Vision loss affects a great deal of the diabetic community, but only 4 diabetes education programs in the nation offer curriculum catered toward those living with vision loss. We are proud to offer an American Association of Diabetes Educators (AADE) accredited program with a focus toward those with vision loss.
In this 4-session program, NewView's nationally accredited instructor Marlene Snow provides hands-on skills training, individualized goal-setting, and assistance with low vision techniques. All classes are accessible for those already living with vision loss and are open to those at risk of vision loss. In each class, you will learn skills like:
- Healthy cooking & eating habits
- How to stay active and monitor your diabetes
- Medication management & problem solving
- How to cope with your disease and reduce risk
- Low vision techniques for streamlining your self-management
Classes take place at our newly renovated OKC clinic facility at 4301 N Classen Blvd.
To find out more about our next diabetes education class, email Marlene Snow at email@example.com. Paid for by Medicare and most third-party insurances.