December 13, 2021
1. Welcome and Call to Order
2. Introductions, and Share-One-Piece-of-Good-News
3. New Business
a. Grant Update
b. Marketing and Promotion Update
c. Partnerships and Outreach Update
d. Client donation Update
e. 2022 meeting schedule: does the committee wish to switch to quarterly mtgs? Feb./May./August/Oct.
4. Opportunities to Explore as time allows, and as patient recruitment is needed:
• OKC Senior Wellness Centers – M. Dover, NVO advocate.
• NE OKC Quadrant Outreach – G. Young, NVO advocate. Churches, etc.
• Lynn Institute: Steve Petty contact.
• Perry Tech – Patients and Physician Outreach
• City-County Health Campus
• Radio Program shared by G. Young
• MAPS Senior Centers – S. Orsi idea
• Meals on Wheels – Chris Lambert is the “area” director. L. Hopper idea
• Possibly reach out to Councilwoman Nikki Nice regarding church outreach Ward 7
• Pam Tennins at Alliance for the Uninsured – 16 clinics
• Crossings clinic • Henderson Hills Mission of Jesus in Edmond
• Ideas taken in SFrey rough notes 05-24-2021 need refining: 1) Free pediatrician clinic, 2) Ace Family of Companies, 3) David Howell, 4) Christ Community Health Coalition (CCHC), 5) Hill Top Clinic happens once a month 6) Reid Hebert, MD, 405-250-1127 adult clinic for uninsured, 7) Butterfield
5. Next meeting date: Tuesday, February 8, 2022 @ noon
Meeting location: Board Room, NewView Oklahoma Center for Low Vision and Blindness 4301 N. Classen, Oklahoma City, 73118
Advisory Council Meeting for Areawide Aging Grant Noon-1pm, Tuesday, March 8, 2022
Advisory Council Meeting for Areawide Aging Grant in person at NewView, 4301 N Classen Blvd, OKC. Agenda below.Read More
Is Digital Accessibility Your Responsibility?
Do you really need to add captions to your videos? Your PDF fields aren't labeled, but it makes sense when you look at it. Isn't that enough?Read More
Advisory Council Meeting for Areawide Aging Grant Noon-1pm, Tuesday, October 11, 2021
Advisory Council Meeting for Areawide Aging Grant at Noon on Tuesday, October 11, 2021Read More
The Largest Generation Faces a Costly Problem
Vision care related expenses are expected to reach upwards of $8 billion by 2050.Read More